BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is a routing protocol used to connect independent systems on the Internet. It is an enhanced, refined, and scalable protocol developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force.BGP4 supports the CIDR addressing scheme, which increases the number of available IP addresses on the Internet.BGP was designed to replace the original Exterior Gateway Protocol, EGP. It is also considered to be a path vectoring protocol.
BGP is mainly used for interconnection between Internet AS (Autonomous Systems). The most important function of BGP is to control the propagation of routes and to select the best route. After interconnection using the BGP protocol, all backbone routing devices of network operators will judge the best route to the IP segment of IDC rooms to ensure high-speed access for users of different network operators.
The server room that uses the BGP solution to achieve dual-line interconnection or multi-line interconnection is called the BGP server room.
Advantages of BGP server room
1. The server only needs to set an IP address, and the best access route is determined by the backbone router on the network according to the number of route hops and other technical indicators, which will not take up any system resources of the server. The server's uplink and downlink routing can choose the optimal path, so it can truly achieve high-speed single-IP high-speed access.
2. because the BGP protocol itself has the characteristics of redundant backup and loop elimination, so when the IDC service provider has more than one BGP interconnection line that can achieve mutual backup of the route, the route will automatically switch to other lines when a line fails.
3. the use of BGP protocol can also make the network has strong scalability can be interconnected with other operators IDC network, easy to achieve a single IP multi-line, to do all interconnected operators of the user access are very fast. This is a dual-IP dual-line that can not be compared.
BGP server room line technology
BGP is a routing protocol between autonomous systems, and its main function is to exchange network reachability information with other BGP speakers. A BGP speaker is any device configured for BGP. BGP uses TCP as its transport protocol (port 179), which provides reliable data transfer.
Two BGP routers form a transport protocol connection. These two routers are called neighbors or peers. Once the transport connection is formed, the two pairs of routers exchange messages to open and confirm the connection parameters. In this step, the routers exchange information such as BGP version number, AS number, duration, BGP identity, and other optional parameters. If any of the parameters do not agree between the peers, an error notification is sent and this peer connection is not established.
If the peer routers all agree on these parameters, the entire BGP routing table is exchanged via the UPDATE message, which contains a list of reachable destinations through each system (i.e., Network Layer Reachability Information NLRI) and the path attributes for each route. The path attributes contain information such as the source of the route (ORIGIN) and the level of priority.
The BGP table is valid for each peer during the BGP connection. If a routing message changes, neighboring routers use incremental updates (messages) to pass this information. BGP does not require that routing information be refreshed. If no route changes are generated, BGP peers only exchange keepalive messages, which are sent periodically to ensure that the connection is kept alive.
BGP server room advantage analysis
BGP room is the server renters through the technical means, the actual different operators can access a common IP, and different operators can achieve the fastest access speed between the relevant network technology.
BGP server room to a certain extent to solve the problem of north-south interoperability of various users, improve the access speed of users, and the effect of single IP dual lines realized with the BGP protocol. The program is through the BGP protocol, directly one of the lines of IP mapping another line IP, when visitors browse your website, will automatically select the fastest line of access according to the actual situation so that users of various operators can achieve the best access speed.
1. The rented server has only one IP, and the user's access route is chosen by the router to access according to the visitor's actual access speed by selecting the optimal access path. And does not take up any server resources. The server's uplink and downlink are routers to choose the best route, so this can achieve the best access speed between operators to achieve the real BGP effect.
2. Because the BGP protocol itself has the characteristics of redundant backup, eliminating loops, when you host or rent a server failure, you can achieve mutual backup. The company's main business is to provide a wide range of products and services to its customers.
3. The BGP server rental is also a good expansion and integration and can be realized and other operators interconnection, easy to achieve a single IP multi-line, so that all interconnected operators of the user access is very fast. This is a dual-IP dual-line server rental that can not be achieved.